|Groups at the greatest risk include: |
- Athletes (youth, amateur, college & professional)
- Employees with occupational hazards
According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC1,2):
- One in three adults age 65 and older falls every year.
- Falls are the leading cause of injury death in adults age 65 and older.
- Over 90% of hip fractures are caused by falls.
- On average, the hospitalization cost for a fall injury is $17,500.
- Falls are the leading cause of non-fatal injuries for children ages 0-19.
- Almost 2.8 million children are treated every year in U.S. emergency rooms for fall-related injuries.
Falls are inevitable, but injuries can be prevented. There IS something you can do to TAKE CONTROL. By learning practical skills for falling, you & your loved ones can avoid unnecessary costs, pain and loss of life.
Click here to learn more about Safe Fall®'s services.
1. http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/falls/adultfalls.html. Updated September 16, 2011.
2. http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/Falls/fallcost.html. Updated September 16, 2011.